About this event
This course will run in February 2022 and August 2022.
Course duration is approximately 4 months on a one day per week basis and is taught in the Academy at GWH.
This module is appropriate to develop and enhance skills of physical assessment in a systematic way. Other aspects of the patient assessment process are also covered, so it is advantageous to have knowledge of the broader aspects of patient assessment.
The course includes practical skills linked to physical examination, diagnostics and interventions covering the various systems of the human body.
The course concludes with an Observed Clinical Simulation Exercise and submission of portfolio of evidence with a reflective assignment.
In addition to the course, there is an expectation that students will study and research in their own time as there is a need to demonstrate advanced knowledge of analysis, critical evaluation, reflection and professional application to achieve this award.
On successful completion of the module, students will be awarded 40 credits at Masters Level via University of Northampton which can be used towards various academic awards.
Students admitted to the module must:
- be registered practitioners in health and social care
- normally qualified to degree level (exceptions to be confirmed by Faculty Team)
- have 3 years’ post-qualification experience
- have evidence of manager’s support
- be currently employed in a clinical role suitable to support study on the module
- have passed at IELTS (or equivalent) at 6.5 or above on all elements, if applicable.
Cost of module is £400.00.
For more information and an application form, please contact: email@example.com