Items including the NHS’s new Workforce Plan, how to address health inequality issues and strategies and plans to improve health and care across the area were discussed and debated by members of the BSW ICB Board at its most recent meeting in public last month.
The July meeting took place at the Guildhall in Bath and was attended by board members as well as members of the public and other interested parties.
The agenda and papers from the meeting can be found here – BSW Board Papers – and the minutes will be published shortly.
Among matters discussed were:
- The BSW Implementation Plan: Following the publication of the BSW Integrated Care Strategy in May, BSW ICS has published an Implementation Plan which outlines how the aims set out in the strategy will be delivered across BSW over the next five years.
- BSW Health Inequalities Strategy and Plan: A revised BSW Inequalities Strategy was submitted and approved. The revised report includes updates on how funding to address health inequalities is being used and progress made so far
- NHS Workforce Plan: The newly published NHS Workforce Plan was discussed by Board members.
- Delegation of Specialised Commissioning to ICBs: This item offered an update on how some services are commissioned so patients will receive more joined-up care
- A question was also received from a member of the public asking about plans for the provision of community health and care services BaNES for the period following March 31 2024. The answer provided is here: Question and answer for the ICB Board Meeting in Public – Thursday 13 July 2023
The next meeting in public of the BSW ICB takes place at 10am on Thursday 21 September at the Function Room, Wyvern Theatre, Swindon, SN1 1QN.
Members of the public are welcome to attend to observe the meeting. Please register your interest by emailing email@example.com
If you would like to ask the Board a question, please contact us in writing at least seven working days before the meeting. The responses will be read out by the ICB Chair and will be published online following the meeting.