Medicines Optimisation looks at the value which medicines deliver, making sure they are clinically effective and cost-effective. It is about ensuring people get the right choice of medicines, at the right time, and are engaged in the process by their clinical team.
This webpage is aimed at health and care professionals working across all sectors in BSW to highlight any national or local resources to promote and support cost-effective prescribing practice.
Please contact the BSW Medicines Optimisation Team email@example.com if you would like more information or support, or to give feedback and suggestions on the content of this webpage.
National Cost-Effective Prescribing Resources
BSW Cost-Effective Prescribing Resources
Updates and Benchmarking Data
The following communications highlight focus areas for cost-efficiencies:
- MOP UP Newsletter
- Quarterly Prescribing Reports - emailed to Practice managers, prescribing leads and Practice based Pharmacy professionals.
- Bi-monthly locality meetings with practice HCP via MS TEAMs
- Yearly Prescribing Locally Enhanced Service (LES)- historically referred to as Practice Incentive Scheme (PIS)
- Yearly Prescribing review meeting with GP Practices – a review and discussion of each GP Practices Prescribing Data aiming to improve medicines outcomes and value.
- Open Prescribing - Every month, Open Prescribing identifies the biggest cost saving opportunities for individual practices. You can sign up for monthly alerts highlighting where you are an outlier, or have suddenly changed.