Date and venue: Friday 6 October 2023 Trowbridge Civic Centre, St Stephen’s Place, Trowbridge BA14 8AH
This event is open to all health and care professional leaders across BSW; from all health, social care and third sector providers and all professions. Join us to:
- Shape ‘why’ and ‘how’ health and care professional leaders should influence decision making, service development and innovation of our Integrated Care System
- Finalise the BSW Statements of Intent to Health and Care Professional Leadership (the ‘how’)
- Build your networks with other health and care professional leaders across B&NES, Swindon and Wiltshire
- Support your own leadership development CPD – we have confirmed our first speaker, Fraser Battye from the Strategy Unit who will run a session on ‘Decision Quality for Leaders’. Decision making is fundamental, but very few leaders, organisations or systems focus on it. Fraser will draw on insights from decision science to leave us thinking differently, inspired, and with ideas for improvement.
To attend this event, you will need to register via Eventbrite which can be accessed here: Inspiring Action! Eventbrite link
Ahead of the main in-person event we have organised three virtual preparation sessions. The aim of these virtual sessions is to build on your input from the Big Conversation in March and developing the commitments (the ‘what’) that need to be made by stakeholders across BSW to achieve our Statements of Intent. The dates for these are:
- Wednesday 27 September 12:30-13:30
- Thursday 28 September 16:00-17:00
- Tuesday 3 October 10:00-11:00
Please email BSWICB.HCPD@nhs.net and we will send you the invite for your preferred session.
Do please discuss the opportunity to attend these virtual and in-person events with colleagues and forward any invites on to those who are interested in joining. In the spirit of one of the emerging Statements of Intent to develop a ’diverse talent pipeline that reflects the BSW communities we serve’ we encourage you to identify one colleague who is a potential future health and care professional leader and enable them to join us at the Inspiring Action! event.