What happened at the last BSW ICB Board meeting in public?
The last BSW Integrated Care Board meeting in public took place in November and covered a great deal of ground as health and care leaders from across the BSW system came together to discuss a number of issues.
The November meeting was held at Dorothy House in Winsley, Bradford on Avon and attended by board members as well as members of the public and other interested parties.
The agenda and papers from the meeting can be found here – BSW Board Papers – and the minutes will be published shortly.
Among matters discussed were:
The Future of Community Services in BSW
- A paper was presented to provide an update on the transformation of Community Services across BSW, through the delivery of the Integrated Community Based Care (ICBC) Programme. The report provides the strategic context for the programme, and the framing of the ambition and outcomes BSW ICB expects to see achieved. It also provides information on the approach to securing transformed community services from 2025, and an updated procurement timeline. Presentation slides are available for download in the meeting notes starting on page 27.
Primary Care Access Recovery Plan (PCARP) – System Level Access Improvement Plan
- This Primary Care Access Recovery Plan for BSW has been developed following the publication of NHSE guidance earlier in the year and has been led by the BSW ICB Primary Care team working with all the GP practices across BSW and with system partners.
- The Primary Care Access Recovery Plan (PCARP) supports all three elements of the Fuller stocktake report on integrating primary care and the development of Integrated Neighbourhood Teams but focuses on the first element of streamlining access to care and advice.
- A brief version is available in the meeting papers starting on page 44, the full version is available via the ICB website, here: Primary Care Access Recovery Plan – System Level Access Improvement Plan
BSW Palliative and End of Life Care Alliance
- A presentation was received outlining how Dorothy House Hospice in Wiltshire, Prospect House Hospice in Swindon and Salisbury Hospice are working together as the BSW Palliative and End of Life Care Alliance to reduce variation in care, better collaborate on the provision of hospice beds, align referral criteria and reduce inequity in access to services.
- The presentation also outlined how the three hopsicies have been working more closely together, building stronger relationships, proactively working together wherever possible in strategic decision making and to support neighbourhood delivery.
- You can download the presentation slides here: BSW Hospices Together
Two questions were also received from a member of the public asking about how BSW ICB works with carers to ensure their voices are taken into account during decision making processes and about the provision of long Covid clinics in BSW. The questions and answers can be found here
The next meeting in public of the BSW ICB takes place in person at the Council Chamber, The Civic Trowbridge, St Stephen’s Place, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8AH on Thursday 18 January 2024 at 10.00am.
Members of the public are welcome to attend to observe the meeting. Please register your interest by emailing email@example.com
If you would like to ask the Board a question, please contact us in writing at least seven working days before the meeting. The responses will be read out by the ICB Chair and will be published online following the meeting.