What was discussed at the last BSW Board Meeting in Public?
The last BSW Integrated Care Board meeting in public took place in January and covered a great deal of ground as health and care leaders from across the BSW system came together to discuss a number of issues.
The January meeting was held at The Civic in Trowbridge and attended by board members as well as members of the public and other interested parties.
The agenda and papers from the meeting can be found here – BSW Board Papers – and the minutes will be published shortly.
Among matters discussed were:
- Our CEO Sue Harriman’s report (P 19) contains lots of useful information and updates and highlights, amongst other things, the joined-up response to recent Industrial Action and winter pressures and how virtual wards and pharmacies really helped with capacity and demand. It also covers RAAC flow from hospitals, finances, children’s safeguarding, and the recent closure of our Prescription Ordering Direct service (FAQs).
- The BSW ICB People team provided an excellent update on workforce effectiveness, highlighting a few initiatives including the training and recruitment of staff from India to work at Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust. They also touched on what more could be done to help with housing issues for health and care staff.
- BSW Assistant Director of Business Intelligence Sam Wheeler and Wiltshire Director of Public Health Kate Blackburn provided a presentation on how the BSW health and care system will use population health data to drive decision-making in the future. Slides and the report start on page 92 of our Board Papers, and look at how this would help address inequalities and drive up prevention work.
- There are also papers on our financial position including agency spend, key performance targets and other metrics
- Three questions were submitted by members of the public covering ICBC community service procurement work, industrial action at Wiltshire Health & Care and meeting governance issues – click here to download the answers answers